This squash halaya recipe is easy and simple dessert you can make if you have extra kalabasa in kitchen. Turn it into a dessert in bottles. Delicious just like ube jam.
HOW TO MAKE SQUASH HALAYA
- 1 cup squash, steamed and mashed
- 1 cup gabi, steamed and mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar, white
- 1/3 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp butter for greasing
1. Press cooked squash and gabi through a sieve to make a fine paste.
2. Combine squash, gabi, milk and sugar.
Cook over low fire, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
3. When thick consistency is reached, add condensed milk and vanilla.
4. Continue cooking over low fire until reaching desired consistency.
5. Add butter, mix well until surface is smooth and glossy.
6. Transfer into sterilized bottles or you may also use llanera or mold in desired fancy shapes and greased it with butter for easy unmolding.
Happy cooking and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website!
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.