- 2 large eggs
- 200 milliliters milk (7 ounces or .85 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 grams all-purpose flour (7 ounces or scant 1 2/3 cups)
- 8 grams baking powder (.28 ounces or 1 3/4 teaspoon)
- 40 grams granulated sugar (1.4 ounces or 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon)
1. Beat the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract together until foamy, about 3 minutes at high speed using a hand or stand mixer.
2. Whisk the dry ingredients together. Gently and quickly mix the dry ingredients mix into the egg mixture. Then let the batter rest for at least 15 minutes. (The batter will thicken slightly.)
3. Set an electric griddle to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, or heat a heavy frying pan over medium heat. Lightly grease the griddle or frying pan. The griddle/pan is ready to use if a drop of water will skitter across the surface, evaporating immediately.
4. Ladle 1/4 cupfuls of the batter onto the griddle. Cook on one side until bubbles begin to form and break, about 2 minutes. Then turn the pancakes and cook the other side until brown, about 1 1/ 2 to 2 minutes. Turn over only once. Serve immediately.
Delicious drizzled with maple syrup, or topped with custard, fresh berries, and a dollop of whipped cream – coffee latte syrups, green tea flavors, strawberry custard jam..etc.