Wanna try this Filipino Style Bangus fish ceviche? This is Filipino’s favorite simple appetizer when it comes to pulutan when drinking beer with friends. This simple recipe is very spicy with special vinegar that made it very deliciously sour.
Kilawin Bangus Recipe
- 3/4 kilo fresh bangus, deboned & cubed
- 1 cup coconut vinegar, plus additional for pouring
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 large onion, minced
- 1 carrot, minced (or pipino)
- 3-4 calamansi
- Pinch of sugar
- Siling labuyo, minced
- 1 siling haba, minced
- Finely ground black pepper
1. Marinate bangus in coconut vinegar for 15 minutes. This will further remove smaller bones from the bangus that may have been left behind after initial deboning.
2. Strain the bangus and press with fork until fish is dry. Arrange fish on a plate and mix in garlic, ginger and the finely chopped onion, carrots and siling haba. Squeeze calamansi on top of bangus and let stand for five minutes.
3. Pour additional coconut vinegar if desired. Add sugar and siling labuyo (to make it spicier). Sprinkle with black pepper. Serve and enjoy!
Also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.