- 3/4 kilo deboned bangus, chopped into squares
- 1 cup coconut vinegar, plus additional for pouring
- 4-5 cloves garlic, very, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 medium onion, very, very finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings and soaked in ice water for 20 minutes
- 3-4 calamansi
- Pinch of sugar
- Siling labuyo (optional)
- Finely ground black pepper
1. Marinate bangus in coconut vinegar for 15 minutes. This will further remove smaller bones from the bangus that may have been left behind after initial deboning.
2. Strain the bangus and press with fork until fish is dry. Arrange fish on a plate and mix in garlic, ginger and the finely chopped onion. Squeeze calamansi on top of bangus and let stand for five minutes.
3. Pour additional coconut vinegar if desired. Add sugar and siling labuyo. Sprinkle with black pepper. Top with sliced onion rings. Enjoy!
Join Mama’s Guide Recipes Community in Facebook!
Click here to join –> Mama’s Guide Recipes Group