Mafo Tofu is made of silken tofu or tokwa and is a spicy chinese cuisine. It is not the regular tokwa (hard tokwa ) we all know in Filipino. Silken tofu is softer and finer in texture. It is the kind of tokwa used for taho making.
Nowadays, silken tofu can be bought in major supermarkets in Metro manila (Find it along the chiller section of the supermarket). Depending on stocks though, due to very low demand.
This recipe can be a good appetizer for alcohol drinkers. You got to try it, it is very spicy and delicious. Happy cooking!
MAPO TOFU RECIPE (TOKWA)
- 300g minced pork, (or ground pork)
- 2 blocks silken tofu
- 2 stalks spring onions chopped
- 2-3 tbsp black bean paste (this is salty so no need for salt)
- 1/2 cup Chinese cooking wine
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- Freshly ground Szechuan pepper, use according to the spiciness you want
- Dried Red Chillies, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Peanut Oil
1. Heat up a wok using a very high heat
2. Add oil and sauté garlic and chillies
3. Add the pork and continue to stir fry on really high heat for 3 minutes.
4. Add cooking wine, chicken stock, black bean paste, continue mixing.
5. When the sauce thickens or reduced add tofu and pepper, cover and simmer in medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
6. Top with spring onions. Enjoy!
Also check out our latest recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website! Don’t forget to Pin us in Pinterest.
You may also “Add Mama’s Guide to your Home Screen” just like an app for android or IOS.
The star ratings are for those who tried to cook our recipe. Kindly rate back the recipe if you tried it and you’re satisfied.
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.