- 3 lbs. pork or ham hock (pata), sliced crosswise
- 1 can pineapple slice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 pack (1 oz.) dried banana blossoms, washed and soaked in water
- 4 to 6 pieces bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- 1 piece beef cube (optional)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt to taste
Pour 6 cups water in a cooking pot. Let boil.
Add the pork hocks. Continue to boil for 30 minutes. Discard the water used for boiling and then place the boiled pork hock in a plate. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a clean cooking pot. Once the oil gets hot, sauté the garlic until it turns light brown.
Put the boiled pork hock in the cooking pot. Stir and then add soy sauce, pineapple slice including the juice, remaining 2 cups water, bay leaves, and peppercorn. Let boil. Continue to cook for 15 minutes.
Add the banana blossom, beef cube and brown sugar. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the vinegar. Let the liquid reboil and then stir.
Continue to cook until the pork becomes tender. The sauce should be reduced at this point.
Note that you may add more water if you need extra time to tenderize the pork. Add salt to taste. Transfer to a serving plate.
Serve. Share and enjoy!
Serving size: 5