“Homemade Peach Iced Tea contains high nutrition value if you prepare it from scratch, specially if you prepare it including pulps and peel. Fresh Peaches are a very good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, antioxidants and phytochemicals. According to one study, it offers the highest level of anti cancer.” Source
So if you’re aiming to go healthy, make sure to use all fresh ingredients and avoid the ready-made.
Servings: 8 or 1 pitcher
Peach Iced Tea
- 8 bags Tea (Lipton, English Breakfast tea etc.)
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups (16oz) sliced peaches, divided
- 1 can (12oz.) peach juice or nectar, chilled
- Fresh Mint, for garnish
- 1 fresh lime, sliced
- Honey or sugar, adjust sweetness as needed
1. Bring the water to a boil in a large pot. Turn off heat. Add tea bags and steep for 5 to 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
2. Add 12-ounces of the peaches to a blender and puree until it reaches a smooth consistency.
3. Combine the cooled tea, peach puree, fresh peach juice/nectar and remaining slices of peaches to a glass pitcher. Adjust sweetness as needed.
4. Serve over glasses of ice with a slices of fresh limes to garnish.
5. Serve and stay cool!