This Pizza Pasta Bake is simply delish because of the mild add on flavor of the Italian sausage. Alternatively, you can use any of your favorite sausage or even the Filipino style Langgonisa. So yummy when added on a baked pasta with ground beef.
Pizza Pasta Bake
- 12 oz uncooked medium pasta (I used cavatappi but penne & rotini are also good choices)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ pound italian sausage (mild or hot), bulk or removed from casings
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 4 cups pasta sauce
- 2-3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 28 slices pizza pepperoni
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (or 176°C).
2. Cook pasta according el dente to package directions. Rinse under cold water and drain well.
3. Brown onion, garlic, sausage and beef in a large pan over medium heat. Drain any fat. Add in red and green peppers and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Add oregano, drained tomatoes and pasta sauce, stir well.
4. Place pasta in a greased 9×13 pan. Pour meat sauce over pasta and top with cheese and pepperoni slices.
5. Bake 35-40 minutes uncovered or until cheese is melted and pasta is heated through. Serve hot and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website. Happy cooking!