Pork Asado or Asadong Baboy
is a sweet pork dish that was introduced by the Chinese. It is easy and quick to make and an ideal menu for fiesta, birthday, baptism, wedding and any occasion.
Asadong Baboy is a Filipino favorite Chinese dish recipe you may also add in siopao filling or even top to your stir fry noodles or any mami soup. Yummy!
Pork Asado Recipe
- 1 ½ lbs pork shoulder (kasim)
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cooking rice wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 cups water
1. Combine soy sauce, five spice powder, garlic, cooking rice wine, and salt then mix well.
2. Marinade the pork in the combined mixture for at least 1 hour.
3. Heat a cooking pot then put-in the pork along with the marinade and water then let boil.
4. Add brown sugar and stir to distribute evenly.
5. Simmer for about 40 minutes flipping the meat after 20 minutes or so to tenderize the other side.
6. Turn off the heat and remove the meat from the cooking pot.
7. Allow the meat to rest for about 10 minutes then slice.
8. Transfer to a serving plate and top with the thick sauce then serve. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Did you try this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.