This Recipe of Milo Cake is so easy to make. Ideal snack for your kids without using an oven. Yes you can cook it in rice cooker or you can just steam it. This recipe is just good for 1 small llanera. So if ypu have a larger pan, you may need to double the ingredients listed below. For the budget concious, the hot fudge recipe below is just optional. With or without the hot fudge this Milo cake is simply good. I hope you and your kids love this recipe. Happy baking!
Yield: 1 small Llanera
RICE COOKER STEAMED MILO CAKE
- 1 sachet milo
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp milk (4 tbsp water + 2 tbsp powdered milk = 4 tbsp milk)*
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 egg, beaten with pinch of salt
1. Combine milo, sugar, and flour in a bowl. Add the milk and oil and mix them together. Add the beaten egg and mix until well combined.
2. Transfer the batter in a greased mold, line with aluminum foil if your rice cooker is no longer non stick. (overused pan)
3. Steam for 10-15 minutes, until toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Let cool.
4. Pour milo hot fudge on top and dust with extra milo if desired. (hot fudge recipe below)
Note: (1) *I use water + powdered milk here instead of fresh milk or evaporated milk for a change. (2) I steamed it at rice cooker. (3) You can add baking powder if you wish. I didn’t put baking powder for this recipe.
For the Milo Hot Fudge: (optional)
- ⅓ cup (85ml) cream
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ¼ cup (25g) Milo powder
- 6 oz (150g) dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp glucose or light corn syrup
To make the hot fudge:
place all the ingredients in a small saucepan over a low heat until the mixture is melted and shiny.
Serve and Enjoy!
Also check our delicious recipe of Maja Blanca for business:
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Do subscribe to our daily recipes by clicking Yes to “ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS” in the pop up Red Bell button.
Do you have any questions about this recipe? Do you have any concern about the ingredients, substitute or any cooking tips? Just comment below for any feedback. We’d love to know your thoughts.
Kindly rate back our recipes if you tried it and you’re satisfied. Thanks a lot for supporting our website.