SAVORY BEEF RECIPE
This recipe is so delicious, inspired from the recipe of korean beef bulgogi but with a touch of filipino style cooking. It’s like tapa with savory sauce with mushrooms and mashed potato. With a touch of korean taste from sesame seed and oil. The marinade itself is very aromatic.
- 1 kilo Beef Sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 5 tbsp Sugar,
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 tsp SM Bonus Cooking Rice Wine*
- 1/3 cup Sesame oil*
- 2 tsp sesame seed*
- 1/3 cup Soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Sprite
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium potato cut into strips
- 1 tsp annatto seeds soaked in 3 tbsp water
- 1 can Jolly sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp patis or fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried chili or labuyo, optional (adjust to your preference)
- Marinate: Remove the blood from the meat with kitchen paper. Add all marinate ingredients to beef and mix very gently.
- Let the ingredients soften the beef. Seal the top and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. I let it sit for 3 hours.
- Cooking: In a large pan, saute garlic and onion in little oil. Add potatoes to slightly fry.
- Separate beef from marinade, and set aside marinade sauce for later.
- In medium heat, add beef to the pan and fry until brown, about 10 minutes. Pour leftover marinade sauce and let it simmer and absorbed the flavor using low heat about 15 minutes. Once sauce is a little bit dried out, add 1 cup of water and let it simmer in very low heat for additional 30 minutes.
- Pour in soy sauce, apple cider vinegar. Let it simmer in low heat and cover pan without stirring for a few minutes. Add sliced mushrooms, annatto water, dried chili, patis, sugar and salt to taste. Stir and continue to simmer until beef is tender enough and sauce is very thick.
- Turn off heat once you see beef is perfectly tender. Serve with rice and enjoy!
*Notes: I bought sesame seed and sesame oil in sm supermarket. Sesame oil can be found in cooking oil section, together with olive oils, extra virgin coconut oil isle. Sesame seeds can be found in the condiments section together with the dried herbs, pepper and garlic powder.
SM Bonus Cooking Rice Wine can be found in soy sauce isle section together with vinegars and other bottled cooking sauces of the supermarket.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Join Mama’s Guide Recipes Community in Facebook! Mama’s Guide Recipes (Official Group)