Two in one Sinigang.. yummy! Bangus na, hipon pa.. Winner na ulam for the rainy days! (Milkfish and Shrimp Sour Soup).
Sinigang Na Bangus at Hipon
- 1 medium size bangus, milkfish
- 1/2 kilo medium size shrimp
- 2 cup sampalok, green tamarind fruit
- 1 medium size onion, quartered
- 1 medium size tomato, quartered
- 1 small bundle kangkong or any fresh vegetable leaves available (talbos ng kamote etc)
- 1 small bundle sitaw, string beans, cut into 2” length
- 1 bundle okra
- 2 pieces small size eggplant, sliced diagonally
- 1 small size labanos, radish, sliced diagonally
- 3-5 pcs. siling haba, green long chili
- salt to taste
1. Remove the scales, gills and innards of the milkfish. Using a pair of scissors cut the fins and tails of the fish. Wash the fish thoroughly.
2. Drain and slice diagonally keep aside. Trim the whiskers and wash shrimps. Keep aside. Wash each tamarind fruit and trim. Keep aside.
3. Fill a small pot with about 3 to 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil and add the tamarind fruits.
4. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until tamarind start to disintegrate. Coarsely mash the tamarind meat with a ladle and continue to simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and keep aside. In a separate pot boil 6 to 8 cups of water. Add in the onion and tomato and let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the kangkong stalks, string beans, okra, eggplant and radish.
Simmer another 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the kangkong leaves, green chili, milkfish and shrimp. Continue to simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Use a sieve to filter out the shell and seeds. Add in the prepared tamarind stock or liquid. Season with salt to taste. Simmer for another 3 to 5 minutes or until the seafood and vegetables are cooked.
Serve hot. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.