Spaghetti and Palabok style in Balanga, Bataan Philippines.
Spabok Recipe (Spaghetti Palabok of Bataan)
- 2 pcs Knorr Shrimp Broth Cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 pack Knorr Royal Spaghetti 450g
- 1/2 cup atsuete seeds
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup leftover rice
- 1 tsp kinchay
- 1/4 cup tinapa,cooked & flaked
- 1/4 cup chicharon, crushed
- 2 pcs hard boiled eggs, sliced
- Place the Knorr Shrimp Broth Cubes and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Add the Knorr Royal Spaghetti and boil for 12 more minutes. Take the noodles out and set aside the pasta broth.
- In the meantime, put the atsuete seeds in a pan. Add cooking oil and heat until it turns red.
- Discard atsuete seeds but set aside the atsuete oil.
- Add the shrimp into the pasta broth and boil until the shrimp turns pink. Take the shrimp out and set aside the broth.
- Put the broth in a blender, add the atsuete oil, leftover rice, kinchay and blend until thick and smooth.
- Put in a pot or pan and keep it heated.
- Arrange the spaghetti in a platter and spoon the sauce on top of the spaghetti.
- Garnish with cooked shrimp, tinapa, chicharon and cooked egg slices.