Want to start your own Business with Gourmet Tuyo? This recipe is easy and from the scratch. This is the basic recipe and all you have to do is to put your own spin of flavor to make it your own.
Special Spicy Gourmet Tuyo
½ kilo tuyo (dried herring, boneless)
1 cup extra virgin olive oil (or half corn oil & half olive oil)
2 heads garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon labuyo, chopped (red hot chili peppers)
½ cup apple cider vinegar (use your favorite vinegar)
1 tsp sugar
1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
1 bay leaf
1. Remove head, tail and soft parts of the tuyo. Fry in a little olive oil and remove scales.
2. Arrange in a large bottle or covered dish.
3. In a casserole, heat olive oil. Fry garlic until golden, add labuyo, bay leaf and vinegar.
4. Bring to a boil, add sugar and paprika. Pour over tuyo, cool and store in the refrigerator.
5. Serve after a few days to allow flavors to blend.
6. When ready to serve, heat over low fire and sprinkle with toasted garlic.
For best result: Store it for 3 to 4 days and let the flavors sinked in to the fish before serving.
Bottling: There are two ways to sterilize the bottles:
a. Wash them thoroughly. Let dry. Then put the bottles inside the oven at 100 degrees Centigrade for 5-10 minutes.
b. Wash them thoroughly. Put them in a casserole and let boil. Then let dry.
Shelf life: 1 month