Just a simple hot and spicy shrimp curry. You may use red curry powder to pump up the spicy flavor or the regular yellow curry powder is ok too. Super yummy!
Spicy Shrimp Curry
- 1/4 kilo shrimp/prawn
- 1/4 kilo coconut milk ( about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp red curry powder (alternatively yellow curry)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1 – inch Ginger chopped or minced
- 1 long chili or siling pang sigang
- 2 pcs red chili pepper or siling labuyo chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Patis (Fish sauce)
1. In a pan, saute garlic, onion and ginger. Add shrimp and saute. Add in 1 cup water and let it simmer.
2. Add coconut milk, curry powder, salt, siling pang sigang and siling labuyo.
3. Let it boil until the sauce thickens
But do not overcook the shrimp. (You can remove it from pan, after 3 minutes to let the sauce thicken first).
4. Add patis, salt to taste and pepper.
5. Garnish with your favorite fresh herbs if available. Turn off heat.
Serve and enjoy! Garnish with fresh slices of cucumber on the side.
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website. Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.