Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Bowls looks hard to do but actually so quick to cook! Go ahead and excite your family with your new recipe today!
Makes 2 servings
Estimated total time: 20 minutes
Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Bowls
- 1 large pineapple
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cups cooked white rice, divided
- Cut pineapple in half, lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh of each half, leaving about a half-inch on the sides to make sure the pineapple boats are sturdy.
- Discard the flesh or set it aside to eat later, and drain any juices.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, and honey, and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn the heat down to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick and the chicken is cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Add the sesame seeds and stir to combine, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Scoop a cup of rice into each of the pineapple boats, then divide the teriyaki chicken among the boats and serve.