Yellow fin tuna salficao (sashimi/fillet) is my best bet for people who needs to cook something quick and delicious. Simple and tasty, it doesn’t take too long to prepare. I used Ocean fresh yellow fin tuna, sold at major groceries here in the Philippines. You can select other fish fillet if you like other type of fish.
This fish salficao recipe taste so good with plenty of fried garlic!Mmmmmmm..
You may also try our Lato Salad recipe to match with Salficao.
Yellow Fin Tuna Salficao
500 grams yellow fin tuna, cut into cut into cubes (Ocean Fresh brand)
2 to 3 cloves garlic. chopped
2 tbsp. Maggi Liquid Seasoning
1-2 tbsp. soy sauce
3-4 tbsp. oyster sauce (I used panda oyster sauce)
2 tsp. cracked peppercorns
1 tsp. paprika
1 tbsp. garlic powder
5 tbsp. unsalted butter
juice from 4 pieces calamansi
*I bought Ocean Fresh Yellow Fin Tuna (Sashimi) in SM supermarket freezer section.
1. Slice tuna into chunks or cubes. Place the tuna cubes in a bowl and combine in the calamansi juice, soy sauce, liquid seasoning, pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes to marinate.
2. Heat pan until it start to smoke, add in generous amount of cooking oil and stir fry the garlic until fragrant, do not brown.
3. Drain from oil and remove garlic from the pan and keep aside leaving only the now garlic flavored oil. Fry in the tuna cubes and stir cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until seared, cook in batches if needed. Remove from pan, let oil drain and keep aside.
4. Using the same pan and discard excess oil. Add 1/2 cup of water, oyster sauce and butter, stir cook until the butter is melted and until the liquid forms into an oily sauce.
5. Add in the seared tuna, fried garlic, continue to stir cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the tuna cubes are coated with the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
6. Transfer into serving plate. Serve and enjoy! Happy Cooking!
This recipe goes well with:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.