Total Time: 2 hr 10 min
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 1 hr 30 min
Yield: 6 servings
Herb-Roasted Chicken with Seasoned Vegetables
- 1.5 to 2Kg. Roasting Chicken
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- potatoes and carrots, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. (230°C)
- In a blender, pulse the onion, parsley, cilantro, tarragon, 2 tablespoons dill, the walnuts and garlic in a food processor. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil, the vinegar, 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to taste; pulse until smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix half of the herb paste with the yogurt; cover and refrigerate.
- Season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper. Loosen the skin with your fingers; rub some of the remaining herb paste under the skin and the rest on the outside of the bird. Truss the chicken. Place in a roasting pan; roast until the skin turns golden, about 30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F or 190°C. Toss the potatoes and carrots with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Baste the chicken with the drippings and add the potatoes and carrots, cut-side down, to the pan.
- Return to oven and continue roasting until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh registers 155°F or (68°C) for about 1 hour.
- Season with salt and pepper; let the chicken rest 10 minutes before carving.
- Transfer the chicken and potatoes and carrots on a serving platter; sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons dill. Serve with the yogurt sauce. Happy cooking and enjoy!