Follow these easy steps on how to make Steamed White Puto! Have you ever tried making puto and it turns out color yellow even if you didn’t use any food coloring. And yet, you see others puto are pure white. Ask the expert in puto, how do I make my puto white in color and not yellowish.
The secret is in the ingredients you use to make puto. Instead of using egg yolk, use egg whites and instead of the yellowish evaporated milk, use fresh white milk. Instead of the yellow butter or margarine, you may use lard or vegetable shortening.
I hope you learn something new today about baking, and how each color of your ingredients can affect the color of your each recipe. Happy Cooking mga ka-MGR. Enjoy and Have a wonderful day!
How to make Steamed White Puto
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered milk
1/2 cup + 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2 tbsp baking powder
1 1/4 cup water
3 egg whites
Do not add the sugar all at once. Read the instruction carefully.
Over-mixing the batter will affect the texture of the puto.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, powdered milk, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and water. Using an electric hand mixer, mix well until smooth. Then set aside.
2. In separate bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the cream of tartar, the egg whites and the 1/4 cup sugar until stiff.
3. Combine the two mixtures gently (the mixture #1 & #2), just use fork or hand mixer or spatula in mixing it. DO NOT use an electric hand mixer. Do not overmix.
4. Grease the mold cups that you will be using.
5. Pour the mixture in the greased mold cups, about 3/4 full.
6. Steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Remove the mold cups from the steamer. Let it cool down.
8. Remove the puto from the mold cups, then serve.
9. Share and happy eating!
You may also check our newest recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Please subscribe to our daily recipes and look for the “RED BELL” at the bottom right corner of your screen.
Don’t forget to Pin us to PINTEREST please. You can comment your question there and we’ll be glad to answer your question or feedback about the recipe.
The star ratings are for those who tried to cook our recipe. Kindly rate back the recipe if you tried it and you’re satisfied.
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.