Kalamay Ube with Latik Recipe, get the perfect chewyness texture. Super sarap.. its the best Filipino kakanin ever. And if you want to exagerrate more on this dessert.. add some macapuno or langka and you can totaly forget about the word diet. Lol.. Happy cooking!
Kalamay Ube Recipe
2 cups grated ube (16 oz)
1 ⅔ cups sweet rice flour (or glutinous rice flour)
1 can coconut milk
1 ¾ cups white sugar
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
½ tsp food color
1 tbsp coconut oil (from the latik)
2 cans of coconut milk/or coconut cream
- To make the latik, transfer the coconut milk into a small saucepan. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer until it curdles for about 20-30 minutes. It will turn into coconut oil with brownish residue or latik pieces. Turn off heat, strain the latik from oil. Set aside.
- Wilt the fresh banana leaves and grease with the coconut oil from the latik.
- For the Kalamay: In a large pan, combine all ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Cook over low heat. Keep stirring until mixture is very thick.
- Transfer the cooked mixture into the banana leaves and top with latik. Serve warm. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.