Chicken Galantina or Rellenong Manok and sometimes also called Chicken Relyeno is traditionally cooked for Filipino Christmas eve celebration (Noche Buena). It’s a boneless stuffed chicken with ground pork and other special ingredients like boiled eggs, pickles, raisins, Vienna sausage or hotdogs and carrots. Just always remember that over stuffing your chicken with tons of ingredients may not always be a good idea or it will taste like halo halo. With a simple combination of ingredients it should taste perfectly delicious.
If you’re thinking of a chicken recipe to prepare for Easter Sunday, potluck party or other occasion, why not try this special recipe. You may prepare this for special occasions such as birthday, Thanksgiving, anniversary, holiday celebrations. To learn how to debone a whole chicken, just watch in it in YouTube and everything should be easy peasy once deboned chicken is prepared. It is always better if you marinate your chicken in coconut aminos (or soy sauce) and lemon. It will taste even better when pre-marinated overnight before stuffing.
For Chicken Galantina gravy sauce you may try this recipe.
Picture of a Deboned Chicken:
Chicken Galantina Recipe
1 big chicken (1 1/2 kilo)
- 1/2 cup ham, chopped finely or 4 pcs. Vienna sausage
- 1/2 kilo ground pork, doubled grind
- 1 egg
- 6-8 pieces olives, chopped finely (alternatively raisins or pickles)
- 1 medium carrots, boiled & chopped finely
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1-1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- Softened Butter or olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoon Coconut Aminos (or Soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
Materials: Thread and a needle
- Clean and debone whole chicken. Rub with salt and pepper (in and out). Pre-marinate overnight with soy sauce and lemon juice if you have more time. Set aside.
- Mix together all ingredients except the hard boiled eggs.
- Stuff 1/2 of mixture in chicken. Arrange the boiled egg on top of mixture. Then, spread remaining mixture.
- Do not overstuff chicken or the skin would burst while cooking. Sew opening.
- Place stuffed chicken in baking pan and brush with olive oil or butter all over.
- Cover with cheese cloth or foil. Use a pan just big enough to pack in chicken, so stuffing’s will be firm when cooked and chicken can easily be sliced evenly.
- Preheat oven (350 F) for 10 minutes. Bake for 1 hour or until done. Then uncover and continue to bake for additional 30 minutes or until skin is golden brown (internal temperature reaches 165°F).
- To test, prick chicken with a knife in the groin and leg area and drippings is no longer bloody or clear juice comes out, it is then cooked. Let it cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Transfer into serving platter lined with lettuce or wilted banana leaves (to add aroma to you’re chicken).
- Finally, garnish with slices of Vienna sausage and grapes on the side.
- Enjoy! Serve with your favorite Homemade delicious gravy recipe.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: