If you have extra kalabasa from cooking, try this recipe of Kutsinta with Squash or Kalabasa. Its yummy and healthy for kids who doesn’t eat vegetables.
- 3/4 cup sugar, brown
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup squash, steamed and mashed
- 1 tsp lye
- 1/2 pc coconut, mature, grated
1. Melt sugar in water and bring to a boil. Cool. Add all-purpose flour gradually.
2. Add squash and stir until smooth, then strain. Add lye solution. Blend well.
3. Pour in muffin pans 2/3 full and steam for about 25 minutes.
4. Serve with grated coconut.