If you’re looking for a simple menu that your kids might like, come and cook Tinolang Isda na Bangus, the soup is very light in taste and the fried milkfish is a fantastic combo to the veggies.
Another version of Tinola that your family will absolutely want to try. Healthy and affordable to your budget.
Tinolang Isda (Bangus)
1 kilo Bangus (milkfish), sliced
1 medium Chayote, peeled and wedged
1 medium onion, sliced
2 pieces Finger chili
2 cups Malunggay leaves
1 tablespoon ginger, sliced into thin strips
2 tablespoons fish sauce
4 cups water
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan. When oil becomes pan-fry the bangus for one minute per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan with the remaining oil, saute the onion and ginger
3. Sprinkle black pepper and then pour in the fish sauce. Pour-in water. Bring to a boil.
4. add chayote and chili finger. Cook it for another 5 minutes. Add the fried bangus and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add malunggay leaves. Turn off the heat and cover the pot. Let it stay for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!