This baked honey soy chicken recipe is so delish. 3 thumbs up for any busy person who still wants to cook. And at the same time craving for a Chinese food, yummy and delicious. Makes me want to cook it again every weekend. Come and let’s cook these Baked Honey soy chicken. Happy cooking and enjoy!
Baked Honey Soy Chicken
- 1/2 kilograms chicken wings, tips removed and drumsticks and wings separated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 scallion, green part only, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F or 190°C
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, cayenne pepper, and salt. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl or deep dish. Add the wings to the mixture and turn to coat. Cover the dish and marinate the wings at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the wings in a single layer on a baking sheet, reserving the remaining marinade in the bowl. Roast the wings for 25 to 30 minutes, basting with the reserved marinade about halfway through (the 15 minutes of roasting at the end will cook any of the raw juices left in the marinade). Roast until the wings are golden brown and crispy on top.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle sesame seeds and chopped scallions on top.
Cooking Tips: to make it really saucy, make another batch of marinade ingredients and thicken the sauce over low heat with 1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup cold water.