Chicharon bulaklak street food is a favorite appetizer of almost every Filipino. Chicharon Bulaklak, super crunchy deep fried mesentery that looks like a flower when deep fried. A ruffled fat deep fried in oil and is absolutely crunchy with a matching spiced vinegar. It is just heaven on its own.
It’s a sin to eat these Chicharon bulaklak, and as everyone says ” this will not make you any older”. It means it will shorten your life because of the high fat content you get of munching these Chicharon Bulaklak.
So please eat in moderation, and if your watching your blood pressure or your heart is vulnerable, please try to avoid these.
Happy cooking and enjoy these crunchy chicharon bulaklak!
How to Cook Chicharon Bulaklak
1 kilo cleaned Pork Intestines (Mesentery)
6 pcs dried bay leaves
3 tbsp crushed rock salt
1 tbsp whole pepper corn
6 cloves peeled and crushed garlic
2 medium sliced onions, peeled and sliced
1 stalk of celery,
4 tbsp vinegar
2 cups water
3 cups cooking oil
1. Wash each Pork Intestines/Mesentery thoroughly under running water while removing any debris of blood, dirt, etc for about 3 times.
2. Pour the water in a large pot then place the onions, peppers, garlic cloves and celery, bring to a boil
3. Add 2 tbsp salt and vinegar then let boil for another 1 minute.
4. Place the Pork Mesentery in the pot and wait until the liquid re-boils.
5. Put-in the dried bay leaves and whole pepper corn then simmer for 45 minutes or until Pork Mesentery is tender.
6. Remove from the pot then drain excess water.
7. Cut according to desired size.
8. Sprinkle the remaining salt making sure that it is evenly distributed all over the Pork.
9. In a separate pan, deep fry the Pork Mesentery.
10. Make sure that the texture is crunchy before removing from the frying pan.
11. Serve with spicy vinegar. Enjoy!
This recipe goes well with:
Did you try this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.