Simple and very easy recipe of Chicken Curry Filipino style. Super yummy, creamy and delicious curry. Enjoy this recipe and happy cooking!
Chicken Curry Pinoy Style
- 1 kilogram chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 big potato, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 2 inches length
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 thumb ginger, cut into strips
- 1 cup water
1. Pan-fry the potato and set aside
2. Pan-fry the chicken and set aside
3. In the pan where the chicken was pan-fried, sauté the garlic, onion and ginger
4. Add the pan-fried chicken, fish sauce, and curry powder.
5. Stir for a minute to cook the curry.
6. Add water and simmer until the chicken is tender
7. Put-in the red bell pepper, celery, and pan fried-potato then simmer for 5 minutes
8. Add the coconut milk and mix well. Simmer for 5 minutes or more until the sauce becomes thicker. Turn off heat.
Serve and enjoy with hot steamed rice!
Number of servings (yield): 6