Simple and very easy recipe of Chicken Curry Filipino style. Super yummy, creamy and delicious curry. Enjoy this recipe and happy cooking!
Chicken Curry Recipe
- 1 kilogram chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 big potato, chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 siling pang-sigang (long green chili pepper)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 thumb ginger, cut into strips
- 1 cup water
1. In a pan, heat some oil to fry the potatoes and carrots. Transfer into a plate and set it aside
2. In the same pan, fry the chicken until brownish. Remove it from pan, drain oil and place on another plate.
3. Then, sauté garlic, onion and ginger until fragrant.
4. Then, place back the chicken. Season with fish sauce, and add the curry powder.
5. Toss and turn the chicken and let tje curry powder incorporate. Let it cook for a minute or two.
6. Pour in water, bring to a boil and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes until the chicken becomes tender.
7. Add back the carrots and potato. Let it cook for additional 5 minutes.
8. Pour in the coconut milk and add the siling pang-sigang. Let it simmer slowly for 5-10 minutes or more until the sauce is thickened. (Stirring it constantly)
9. Adjust taste, season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve and enjoy with hot steamed rice!