Do you always order/take out this Kung Pao Chicken in Chinese Restaurants… Wanna give it a try at home? This recipe is a bit long in ingredients but I promise, this is just going to be easy to cook.
Kung Pao Chicken (Version 2)
1 pound chicken breast fillet, cubed
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon cooking sherry
1 teaspoon sesame oil
8-12 dried red chili peppers, halved and de-seeded
5 slices of ginger
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 cup whole bamboo shoots, diced (optional)
½ cup cashews or any nuts, roasted and unsalted
2 stalks green onions, diced
1 green/yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 tbsps vegetable oil
For the Sauce:
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
¼ tsp black vinegar
2 tablespoons water
½ teaspoon cornstarch
*Mix together in a small bowl.
1. In a bowl, marinate the chicken with 1 teaspoon of cornstarch, 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of cooking sherry, and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil. Let it stand for 30 minutes or so.
2. In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil over high heat. Once the oil is hot, Toss in the chicken and stir-fry until half-cooked.
3. Remove the chicken in the pan and transfer into a bowl.
4. In the same pan, heat remaining oil over high heat. Add in onions, ginger, garlic, red peppers, and bell peppers. Saute it until fragrant.
5. Add back the chicken, bamboo shoots, and nuts and toss for a few turns.
6. Pour in the sauce and continue to stir-fry until the chicken is coated and cooked through.
7. Add the chopped green onions, stir, and serve hot. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet