Pork Spare Ribs Caldereta with Cheese is another sumptuous tomato sauce base dish that all Filipinos love through decades. It is originally adapted from Spanish cuisine and was adapted by our Filipino ancestor back in the Spanish colonization.
In Philippines, when you say Caldereta Recipe the first thing in mind is the goat meat. Then through out the years, beef became the second best thing for caldereta recipe.
Kaldereta recipe have evolve nowadays to a lot ot different version. This time, you just have to try the Pork Spare Ribs version. Its easier to cook because the pork meat can quickly gets tender.
It’s a time saving recipe and its equally delicious no matter what type of meat you use. For as long as the combination of tomato sauce and liver spread are perfectly concocted. One can never go wrong. This is absolutely yummy!
Pork Spareribs Caldereta with Cheese
- 2 to 3 lbs Pork Spare Ribs
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into squares
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1 medium potatoes cut in chunky squares
- 1 carrot cut in same size of potatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce I use Del Monte tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup liver spread or liver paste (processed using blender)
- 1 tsp. crushed chili or less depends your taste
- 3 large bay leaves
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- patis and pepper to taste
1. Boil your pork spare ribs on 1 to 1 1/2 liter of water til little tender for about 30 to 45 mins. When its tender drain from broth. Set aside pork and take out the bone. Keep pork broth for later use.
2. In separate pan saute your garlic onion and tomato
3. Add pork and simmer for 5 minutes
4. Add your carrots and potatoes.
5. Incorporate all the ingredients and tomato sauce. Cover for about 2 minutes.
6. Add your pork spare ribs broth maybe 1 1/2 cup to 2 cups depends how much sauce you want. Remember the liver paste will thicken the sauce.
7. Add your liver paste. Then add your green olives and bell pepper and bay leaves.
8. When it simmer add your cheese, mixing gently for 3 minutes. Add your soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, pepper, chili pepper and patis to taste. Mix gently. Simmer for a few more minutes.
9. Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our new dessert recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website. Happy cooking!