Spaghetti al tonno or in english it means spaghetti with tuna is an italian spaghetti version of tuna fillet instead of using meat.
Spaghetti al tonno is just perfect for dieters or just wanting to eat pasta without adding any meaty ingredients. Or lets just say this is a very quick meal for any busy person. Its simple, easy, delicious and super fast to cook!
Spaghetti al Tonno Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon lightly crushed fennel seeds
- 1 28 oz can whole tomatoes
- 350g spaghetti
- 160g canned tuna, packed in olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt, to taste
- chili flakes (optional, for garnish)
1. Put a large pot of water on to boil. In a separate large skillet add the olive oil, chili flakes, fennel, and garlic to the pan. Turn the pan on to medium low and cook until the garlic is just starting to brown, stirring. Add the tomatoes to the skillet and stir into the garlic and oil. Using a fork or spoon gently crush the tomatoes into the sauce to break out any interior juices.
2. Let the sauce cook for 15 minutes. The water should be boiling by now so add a heaping tablespoon of salt to the water and add the pasta. Follow the directions for cooking times on the side of the package of pasta, but decrease the cooking time by 2 minutes. Meanwhile remove the tuna from the can and gently chop. When the pasta has been in the water for 5 minutes add the tuna and olive oil to the tomatoes. Stir in the parsley and butter as well.
3. Drain the pasta. Taste the sauce and add salt if necessary. Add the drained pasta to the skillet and toss. Allow to cook for one more minute. Check the pasta – it should be al dente. Serve garnished with chili flakes. Happy cooking and enjoy!
You may also learn more about our newest recipe in town:
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Please subscribe to our daily recipes and look for the “RED BELL” at the bottom right corner of your screen.
Don’t forget to Pin us to PINTEREST please. You can comment your question there and we’ll be glad to answer your question or feedback about the recipe.
The star ratings are for those who tried to cook our recipe. Kindly rate back the recipe if you tried it and you’re satisfied.
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.
Photo by: meesh.peperoncina