You don’t need an oven to make your very own cassava cake. If you’re craving for cassava cake too often. Then you probably need to learn to make some, so you can eat whenever you crave for it.
It’s quick and easy, it doesn’t even require you to have an oven. You just need a steamer to cook your favorite Steamed Cassava Cake! Happy Cooking!
• 4 cups freshly shredded cassava
• 2 cups of coconut milk
• 1 can of condensed milk
• 1/4 cup of macapuno preserve
• Grated cheese
• Banana leaf
1/2 cup Macapuno preserves for toppings
Mama’s Guide Procedures:
1. Put grated cassava in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, combine coconut milk, condensed milk, and macapuno preserve (set aside a little of the preserve as topping). Mix thoroughly.
3. Pour this mixture into the bowl of grated cassava. Mix briskly and continuously until creamy consistency is achieved.
4. Quickly heat banana leaf on open fire. This will be used to prevent cassava cake from sticking into the pan. (You may alternatively use aluminum foil).
5. Pour the creamy cassava mixture on top of banana leaf in the pan. Cover it with plastic or cheesecloth. Put it into a steamer and cook for about 30 minutes or until cassava cake gets hard and appear yellowish. (To test if it is already cooked, prick it using toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, cassava cake may be taken out from the steamer.)
6. Apply margarine on top of cassava cake, then top with grated cheese and a lots of macapuno preserve.
7. Set aside and let it cool down before serving or selling.
Serve and enjoy!!!
Mahyen21 and Anitasw33ti3pi3