This is the authentic way to cook lechon paksiw. An authentic Lechon paksiw doesn’t need to add soy sauce or otherwise it will turn like adobo.
Believe me, I tried their recipe some years ago and it was an epic fail to my taste bud. I should have listened to my mom.
Paksiw is just lechon sauce plus vinegar and essential seasoning. You may add soy sauce if you like but only 1 teaspoon just to enhance the flavor and color. Let me know your feedback. I hope your family enjoy this delicious recipe. Happy cooking!
Lechon Paksiw Recipe
1 pound of lechon
1 head of garlic, crushed
1 large onion, halved and sliced
1/2 cup vinegar
8 peppercorns, pounded
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 bay leaves
1 cup of meat broth
1 bottle of lechon sauce (about 1-1/2 cups)
1. Place the chopped lechon in a large heavy sauce pan, casserole or wok.
2. Add all the ingredients except the lechon sauce. Bring to a boil. Stir well.
3. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Pour in the lechon sauce and bring to a boil. Add more meat broth, if necessary.
5. Adjust the seasonings. Some people like their lechon paksiw more sour than sweet; other, just the opposite.
6. Simmer for another five minutes. Turn off the heat and leave for the flavors to develop for another 10 minutes before serving.
7. Serve and Enjoy!
If you want to make your own Homemade Lechon sauce, try this recipe:
Try our Homemade Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe. All natural goodness, no preservatives and no additives!
Thank you for dropping by our website!