How to achieve this kind of coconut macaroons that is not too toasted on top?
I know each oven may differ in heat and the heat of my oven may not be the same to your oven. Some are using the traditional oven, electric oven, convection and turbo oven. They are all different from each other.
So for some of you who might be new in baking. If you’re having a hard time with your oven and always end up with toasted top specifically for macaroons.
My best tip is to bake it in bain marie method and cover the top with foil. “Bain marie” method is placing your baking tray in another baking tray with halfway water in it. This way you will prevent your macaroons from over toasting.
Or you may also steam your macaroons and just toast/broil it for 3-5 minutes in the oven.
For a Cheesy Macaroon version, you may also top it with grated cheese and toast/ broil for a few minutes until cheese is melted. I hope you enjoy this recipe and learned something new today, this is the secret technique. Happy baking!
How to make Coconut Macaroons
3/4 cup condensed milk
3/4 cup desiccated coconut (or use niyog)
1/4 cup softened butter at normal temperature (not melted)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 pc egg
Just use fork or spatula to softened the butter.
Use paper molds if possible, but it is also fine even without it.
1. In a mixing bowl, put the softened butter, brown sugar, egg and condensed milk. Mix well.
2. Add the desiccated coconut. Mix thoroughly until it is evenly distributed.
3. Pour the mixture on a mold with cupcake liners.
4. Preheat the oven at 160 degrees celsius.
5. Bake the coconut macaroons for 25-30 minutes. Check it with skewer or toothpick in the center for doneness. Don’t trust what you see, because the center part is the very last one that gets done.
6. Remove the coconut macaroons from the molds. Let it cool down, then serve.
7. Share and happy eating!
You may also try our all time favorite dessert:
Did you try this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.