An easy peasy roast chicken recipe, just throw in all the ingredients…and its ready for roasting!
Rapid Roast Spicy Chicken
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Then, rinse chicken thoroughly inside and out under cold running water and remove all fat. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Transfer chicken into a small baking pan. Then rub it with olive oil. In a small bowl, mix the salt, pepper, oregano, basil, paprika and cayenne pepper together. Sprinkle and rub it all over the chicken.
- Roast the chicken in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Adjust the oven heat to 400°F (205°C) and continue roasting to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F (74°C), about 40 minutes more. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes and serve.
- Share and enjoy!