After a long day of work, all we need is comfort food. Good news, it’s so easy to make some Baked Mac and Cheese at home!
Baked Mac and Cheese
750 grams of elbow macaroni, boiled to al dente
3 tablespoons of butter
3 teaspoons of flour
3 cups of whole milk
1 cup of all purpose cream (or heavy cream)
1 cup of grated quick melting cheese
Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese for toppings (add more as desired)
1. In a medium pot boil elbow macaroni into al dente doneness. Make sure it is a bit firm, not too cooked. Set aside.
2. Heat saucepan using low heat. Melt butter and add in flour.
3. Using a wire whisk, gradually add the milk. Mix well until milk mixture is smooth.
4. Add in grated cheese and nutmeg. Continue mixing with whisk.
5. Lastly pour in cream then, combine well. Once cheese sauce is ready or has thickened up, turn off the heat.
6. Combine macaroni and cheese sauce in a baking pan. Mix well and put the remaining cheese on the top.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
8. Best served with garlic bread.
This recipe goes well with our homemade:
Credits: Chef’ss Classics Cooking and Kitchen Equipment
Thank you for dropping by our website. Happy cooking and enjoy!