Credits Chef’s Classics Cooking and Kitchen Equipment
After a long day of work, all we need is comfort food. Good news, it’s so easy to make some Baked Mac and Cheese at home!
Baked Mac and Cheese
- 750 grams of elbow macaroni, boiled to al dente
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 teaspoons of flour
- 3 cups of full cream milk (or whole milk)
- 1 cup of all purpose cream (or heavy cream)
- 1 cup of grated quick melting cheese
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella cheese for toppings (add more as desired)
- In a medium pot boil elbow macaroni into al dente doneness. Make sure it is a bit firm, not too cooked. Set aside.
- Heat saucepan using low heat. Melt butter and add in flour.
- Using a wire whisk, gradually add the milk. Mix well until milk mixture is smooth.
- Add in grated cheese and nutmeg. Continue mixing with whisk.
- Lastly pour in cream then, combine well. Once cheese sauce is ready or has thickened up, turn off the heat.
- Combine macaroni and cheese sauce in a baking pan. Mix well and put the remaining cheese on the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Best served with garlic bread. Enjoy!!!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: