After a long day of work, all we need is comfort food. Good news, it’s so easy to make some Baked Mac and Cheese at home!
Baked Mac and Cheese
750 grams of elbow macaroni, boiled to al dente
3 tablespoons of butter
3 teaspoons of flour
3 cups of whole milk
1 cup of cooking cream
1 cup of grated quick melting cheese
Pinch of nutmeg
2 to 3 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese for toppings
Mama’s Guide Instructions:
1. In a medium pot boil elbow macaroni into al dente doneness. Make sure it is a bit firm, not too cooked. Set aside.
2. Heat saucepan using low heat. Melt butter and add in flour.
3. Using a wire whisk, gradually add the milk. Mix well until milk mixture is smooth.
4. Add in grated cheese and nutmeg. Continue mixing with whisk.
5. Lastly pour in cooking cream then, combine well. Once cheese sauce is ready or has thickened up, turn off the heat.
6. Combine macaroni and cheese sauce in a baking pan. Mix well and put the remaining cheese on the top.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
8. Best served with garlic bread.
This recipe goes well with our homemade:
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Do subscribe to our daily recipes by clicking Yes to “ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS” in the pop up Red Bell button.
You may comment on this post using our Facebook Comment by clicking through links posted on our Facebook page.
Do you have any questions about this recipe? Do you have any concern about the ingredients, substitute or any cooking tips? Just comment below for any feedback. We’d love to know your thoughts.
Kindly rate back our recipes if you tried it and you’re satisfied. Thanks a lot for supporting our website.
Chef’s Classics Cooking and Kitchen Equipment