This Homemade Chicken Tocino recipe is so natural, without the preservative chemicals and very easy to do because the ingredients are not hard to find. Nevertheless, its absolutely delicious!
Nothing beats a delicious home-cooked breakfast like Tocino. Make any morning better by cooking Chicken Tocino!
Don’t forget your ensaladang itlog na maalat at kamatis on the side (salted egg and tomatoes salad) with Fresh ripe mango for dessert. This is Filipino style menu.
CHICKEN TOCINO RECIPE
600 grams of chicken thigh fillet, cut into desired size
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce
2 teaspoons of pineapple juice
A drop of natural red food color (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for the chicken slices. Mix until well blended.
2. Add the chicken and mix using hand. You may use hand gloves to avoid stains. Mix for several minutes to an hour.
3. Marinate in the chiller overnight to absorb flavor or may cure for more days in the fridge. Tip: You can even separate a batch for longer curing and just cook whenever you want to.
4. Heat frypan, sprinkle a teaspoon of cooking oil and fry chicken tocino using low to medium heat.
5. Fry chicken at least 3 minutes each side (depending on your chicken cut) or change each color and sides may have caramelization.
6. Best served with garlic rice and eggs. Happy breakfast!
Check out our new recipe: