Pancit Bihon guisado is a favorite classic dish of Filipinos!
Ingredients for Pancit Bihon Guisado:
2 tbsp. of cooking oil
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tbsp. of fish sauce
250g shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 kg pork, cut into strips
2 pcs. Chinese sausage, strips
1/2 head cabbage, cut into squares
1 large carrot, strips
1 cup of green beans, sliced diagonally
1 cup of snow peas
3 tbsp. of soy sauce
3 cups of pork broth
2 tbsp. kintsay or cilantro
1 bundle or 8 oz of noodles
Salt and pepper to taste
Mama’s Guide Instructions:
1. Cook the meat by boiling it in water. Once done, set aside the broth.
2. Put the noodles in water.
3. In a pan, sauté garlic and onions. Add the meat, shrimp and Chinese sausage after.
4. Mix in green beans, carrots, cabbage, snow peas and kintsay or cilantro with the meat. Continue stir-frying until the vegetables are half-cooked.
5. Pour fish sauce then, remove from heat. Set aside.
6.. Using your Wok, simmer soy sauce and broth. Put in noodles and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Mix together with the cooked vegetables.
8. Add salt and pepper for seasoning.
9. Serve your plate of pancit with calamansi or lemon.
Chef’s Classics Kitchen and Cooking Equipment