Pancit Bihon Guisado is a favorite classic dish of Filipinos! It is believed to make your life longer, thats why Filipinos love to cook Pancit on every Birthday celebration. Long noodles symbolizes longer life according to old chinese belief. This pancit can be cooked too with lesser ingredients depending on your budget.
Pancit Bihon Guisado
2 tbsp. of cooking oil
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tbsp. of fish sauce
250g shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 kg pork, cut into strips
2 pcs. Chinese sausage, strips
1/2 head cabbage, cut into squares
1 large carrot, strips
1 cup of green beans, sliced diagonally
1 cup of snow peas
3 tbsp. of soy sauce
3 cups of pork broth
2 tbsp. kintsay or cilantro
8 oz Pancit Bihon noodles, (Good Life or Golden Bihon brand)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the meat by boiling it in water. Once done, set aside the broth.
2. Put the noodles in water.
3. In a pan, sauté garlic and onions. Add the meat, shrimp and Chinese sausage after.
4. Mix in green beans, carrots, cabbage, snow peas and kintsay or cilantro with the meat. Continue stir-frying until the vegetables are half-cooked.
5. Pour fish sauce then, remove from heat. Set aside.
6.. Using your Wok, simmer soy sauce and broth. Put in noodles and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Mix together with the cooked vegetables.
8. Add salt and pepper for seasoning.
9. Serve your plate of pancit with calamansi or lemon.