Royal Bibingka of Claveria, Cagayan is a sweet sticky ground malagkit liberally sprinkled with cheese, macapuno strings and pugon baked. It is absolutely delicious than any regular bibingka we know.
Royal Bibingka of Cagayan
2.5 cups (400 grams) glutinous rice flour
1/2 cup sugar
½ jar of Coconut String/ Macapuno string
1 or ½ cup grated cheese (quick melt, do not use Quezo brand, it doesnt melt)
1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
1 can evaporated milk
3 – 4 whole fresh eggs
1 can condense milk
¼ cup or more condensed milk for caramel toppings
1. Mix the flour & sugar in a large bowl.
2. Add coconut milk, evaporated milk, eggs & ½ can of condense (set aside ½ of the can for toppings), mix well. Then combine the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and the coconut or maccapuno strips
3. Pour into 2 x 8” circular pan
4. Cook in preheated oven gas mark 3 (or 165°C/325°F) for about 45 minutes.
5. Take it out the pan for last 20 minutes and pour the remaining half can of condense milk and spread out equally on top with cheese. Put it back in the oven and cook further for about 10-15 minutes or until the condensed milk and cheese will turn into brown.
Would be better if you use banana leaves instead of tin foil at luto sa pugon.
You may also try our new recipe:
Credits Love Bite
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.