Royal Bibingka of Claveria, Cagayan is a sweet sticky ground malagkit liberally sprinkled with cheese, macapuno strings and pugon baked. It is absolutely delicious than any regular bibingka we know.
Royal Bibingka of Cagayan
2.5 cups (400 grams) glutinous rice flour
1/2 cup sugar
½ jar of Coconut String/ Macapuno string
1 or ½ cup grated cheese
1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
1 can evaporated milk
3 – 4 whole fresh eggs
1 can condense milk
¼ cup or more condensed milk for caramel toppings
1. Mix the flour & sugar in a large bowl.
2. Add coconut milk, evaporated milk, eggs & ½ can of condense (set aside ½ of the can for toppings), mix well. Then combine the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and the coconut or maccapuno strips
3. Pour into 2 x 8” circular pan
4. Cook in preheated oven gas mark 3 (or 165°C/325°F) for about 45 minutes.
5. Take it out the pan for last 20 minutes and pour the remaining half can of condense milk and spread out equally on top. Put it back in the oven and cook further for about 10-15 minutes or until the condensed milk will turn into brown.
Would be better if you use banana leaves instead of tin foil at luto sa pugon.
You may also try our new recipe:
Source: Credits to Love Bite