* 4 cups cooked and minced chicken breasts
* 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1-1/4 cups breadcrumbs
* 2 large eggs
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
* 2-1/4 tablespoons minced parsley leaves
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1-1/2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives or green onions, green parts only
* 1 large minced shallot
* Salt and black pepper to taste
* Cooking oil, for frying
Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Sauté until softened, 4 minutes. Next, blend 2 tablespoons of flour into the butter and cook for additional 2 minutes.
Fold in the cream and lower heat to a simmer. Stir mixture until thickens. Transfer sauce into a bowl. Season salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the nutmeg and chili powder. Set aside to cool.
Mix the chicken, chives and parsley into the cooled sauce. Form the chicken mixture into eight 3″ long croquettes. Put the chicken croquettes on a pan, cover with food wrap, and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
Put 1 cup flour on a plate. Whisk the eggs with some salt and pepper in a bowl. Spread breadcrumbs on a separate plate.
Roll chicken croquettes in the flour, shake off any excess. Dip croquettes in the egg mixture, and then roll in the breadcrumbs
Pour oil into a large skillet over medium heat, oil should be covering the croquettes. Fry the croquettes until golden brown on all sides, about 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite dipping sauce (mustard, ranch, sweet and sour, ketchup… etc).