Spicy Chicken Croquettes Recipe
- 4 cups cooked and minced chicken breasts
- 1 cup, plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 2-1/4 tablespoons minced parsley leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 large minced shallot
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Cooking oil, for frying
- Melt 2 tablespoon butter over low heat in a saucepan.
- Next, add 2 tablespoons of flour into the melted butter. Stir and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Add in the cream and lower heat to a simmer. Stir mixture until thickens. Transfer sauce into a bowl. Season salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the nutmeg, and chili powder. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the chicken and parsley into the cooled sauce. Form the chicken mixture into nine round croquettes.
- Transfer the chicken croquettes on a pan, cover with food wrap, and refrigerate for 3 hours or just until firm.
- Prepare the 3 stage breading: Add 1 cup flour on a plate. Whisk the eggs with some salt and pepper in a bowl. And spread breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Roll chicken croquettes in the flour, shake off any excess. Dip croquettes in the egg mixture, and then roll in the breadcrumbs
- Pour oil into a large skillet over medium heat, oil should be covering the croquettes.
- Fry the croquettes until golden brown on all sides, about 6 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite dipping sauce (gravy, mustard, ranch, sweet and sour, ketchup… etc).
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Chinese Black Pepper Steak Recipe