Who says vegetarian meals are bland? Try this tasty pad thai recipe! It’s absolutely delicious!
3 cups of flat rice noodles
2 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of red chili
1/4 cup of roasted peanut
2 blocks of tofu
Peanut oil or any oil
2 cups of mongo sprouts
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of lime juice
2 tablespoons of fresh coriander, chopped
3 eggs beaten (optional if vegan)
Mama’s Guide Instructions:
1. Soak noodles in a large bowl of warm water until they soften for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well in a colander and set aside.
2. In a food processor, mix chili and garlic. Set aside.
3. In a frypan, add oil and fry beaten egg. Set aside.
4. In the same Pan, add the paste mixture and shallots. Cook until fragrant.
5. Add tofu, half of the nuts, half of the mongo sprouts and half of the spring onion.
5. Stir fry until well mixed. Add the noodles, soy sauce and the juice.
6. Toss until mixed. Remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients.
7. Garnish with cilantro wedges, lime and the scrambled egg. Serve hot.
Chef’s Classic Kitchen and Cooking Equipment