Who says Champorado has to be just chocolate? Champorado Recipe have evolved to different twist. You can use Chocolate tablea, Hershey’s Cocoa Powder, Chia seeds, Quinoa, Jasmine Rice, Gata, All purpose cream and now even Purple Yam can be added to your Champorado as a new flavor! The traditional side dish would be Tuyo, but now you can top it with your favorite Ice Cream or sliced almond nuts too. Amazing!
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice, washed
- 3-4 cups water
- 1/2 cup Sugar (adjust base on sweetness of your ube)
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup ube (cooked and premade)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, condensed, fresh or evaporated milk, to drizzle
- Combine the Glutinous rice and water in a sauce pan; bring to a boil for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Mix the sugar, and salt into the rice; reduce heat to low and continue cooking until the rice is tender.
- Add the thick coconut milk and ube to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour into a couple bowls and drizzle with condensed or evaporated milk and serve immediately. Happy Cooking!!
Suggested Garnish: almonds or Macapuno Strings or Nata de coco. Absolutely delish!
Credits: @JasmineBairian, @wazzup_ald, @freakinflor3n