These Korean Gyeran-ppang bread are delish. Korean Gyeran-ppang are local korean street food bread that are usually sold in the busy streets of Korea. Youtube videos of Korean Gyeran-ppang are trending high for around millions of viewers. Don’t ask why..these breads are scrumptious! Bake it today. You gotta try it too. You can bake it in loaf or muffin style.
Yield: 3 loaves
Korean Gyeran-ppang (Egg Bread)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 stick of mozzarella cheese (optional), cut into 6 equal-sized small pieces if used.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (about 200°C).
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, 1 egg, flour, and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Brush the bottom and the sides of 3 mini loaf pans (approximately 4 x 2 x 1½ inch) with cooking oil.
- Fill each pan about ½ full with batter, dividing it into 3 equal portion.
- Put 2 pieces of cheese into the batter, on the edges of the pans, leaving a space in the center.
- Crack an egg onto the center of the batter in each pan.
- Place pans on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 13 minutes, and closer to 15 minutes if you prefer a solid egg.
- Take out of the oven, garnish with chopped fresh or dried basil and serve hot!