Start a better day with a sumptuous meal and delicious servings of Garlic-Smoky Longganisa! Try this recipe to learn how to cook your own from ingredients right in your kitchen. Just an update on why it becomes smoky even without the traditional process of smoking it from woods. Of course you can have it smoked too if you prefer, but the flavor of paprika adds that trick of smoky flavor.
It’s definitely a good morning with yummy eats of Garlic Smoky longganisa! #LetsCookMGR
1/2 kg of ground beef
1/4 kg of ground pork fat
2 heads of garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of salt
2 teaspoons of native vinegar
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of ground pepper
Sausage casing or wax paper for skinless longganisa
2 cups of water
1. In a bowl, mix ground meat, salt, vinegar, paprika, garlic and pepper. Combine well.
2. Cover bowl with a plastic wrap or transfer into a container with a cover. Let it marinate in the fridge overnight.
3. Tie or close the end of the sausage casing. Insert the nozzle of a funnel to the open end of the casing. Scoop the meat mixture into the funnel and gently pack into the casing.
4. Once filled, tie a knot to enclose.
5. To create some space or links, twine around 2 to 3 inches interval.
6. Once in the casing, longganisa mix may be put in the fridge for a day to dry before freezing. It may also be stored in the chiller for days or in the fridge.
7. Heat a frying pan and bring to boil water. Add in longganisa, simmer for 20 minutes using low heat.
8. Using the same pan, discard water and add 3 tablespoons of cooking oil to fry the longganisa. Cook until golden brown.
9. Best served with sunny-side up egg and fried rice. Enjoy!
Don’t missed out on our latest recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Don’t forget to Pin Us on Pinterest! ?
You may comment on this post using the Facebook App by visiting this recipe on our page.
Do you have any questions about this recipe? Do you have any concern about the ingredients, substitute or any cooking tips? Just comment below for any feedback. We’d love to know your thoughts.
Kindly rate back our recipes if you tried it and you’re satisfied. Thanks a lot for supporting our website.
Photo by Chefs Classic