This monggo bread is my moms favorite, we always have these on the table back in the days…so yummy homemade monggo bread! My favorite merienda pinoy bread.
FOR THE DOUGH:
5 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup fresh milk or whole milk (warm)
3 teaspoons yeast
3/4 cup melted butter
FOR THE FILLING:
2 cups monggo boiled and mashed
2 cups evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
In a pan combine all the ingredients then cook over medium heat until it become like a jam ( make sure its not soupy. Set aside for filling later.
Meanwhile here is how to prepare the dough .
1. Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk for 10 minutes ( put the yeast and leave it for 10 minutes then mix)
2. Mix all the dry ingredients, make a well in the middle, then crack the eggs and beat it there.
3. Add the butter and the milk with dissolved yeast.
4. Mix well, then knead until the dough is formed put it in the container or big bowl and let rise for 2 hours by covering it with a damp cloth.
5. After 2 hours knead the dough for a while then slice it, make sure each slice should be around 80 grams to make one serving of bread.
6. Flatten each portion and make a shape of circle slice the side to form a 4 leaf flower and put the monggo filling and seal it under, make sure each end is well sealed by pressing it.
7. Let it rise for 45 minutes. Brush with beaten egg for a good texture.
8. Preheat the oven for 20 minutes then bake the bread for 15 minutes or until done at 180C.
9. Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.