I love these Ube Puto with ube jam filling. It is simple and easy to make too. For beginners in puto making you can also reference this recipe: Paano Gumawa ng Puto (Tinagalog)
Let’s get started. Happy cooking!
Ube Puto with Ube Jam Filling
1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup whole milk/evaporated milk
1/2 cup ube jam
1 tsp ube flavor, I used McCormick ube flavor
2 tbsp melted margarine/butter
1 tsp of violet food coloring
1/2 cup grated cheese, toppings
1 cup ube jam, for filling (1 tsp per cup, shaped like a ball)
1. In a bowl, sift dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Do not overmix.
Cooking Tips: Overmixing the puto batter may result into a limp puto. You just want your puto fluffy so the air between the batter should stay. While under mixing, may result into visible holes on the puto, like moon craters. It is because of too much bubbles in your puto batter.
2. Grease the prepared puto cups, add 1 ube ball jam and fill with batter about 3/4 full. Sprinkle with grated cheese on top.
3. Transfer puto cups into a steamer rack. Set Aside.
4. Prepare steamer and water should be boiling before you start placing the steamer rack on top.
5. Steam for 10-15 minutes using lowest heat possible. Cover steamer with a clean towel or katsa on top and then place the lid. (To prevent steamer moist from dripping into your puto cups.)
6. Do not open steamer if you have not reached the minimum of 10 minutes. Carefully remove the cloth and make sure no water will drip down the puto.
7. You can check if its cooked by inserting a knife or toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean then it’s cooked. You may now turn off heat. Remove puto racks away from steamer.
8. Let it cool before removing from the puto cups. Serve with butter. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.