Filipino Style Creamy Carbonara is not the traditional italian recipe where they use eggs. This is definitely pinoy style cooking. It has a creamy sauce that can last long than the carbonara egg sauce style. Our tropical country may not be suitable for tossed eggs in pasta. So our Carbonara pasta is cooked differently from the Original Italian Carbonara. This carbonara recipe is very similar though. And everyone who tried it, is so much satisfied.
This Filipino style creamy carbonara is for 1 kilogram pasta which can serve up to 10 persons. You can cook this up for any house party you have. So delish!
Happy cooking and enjoy!
FILIPINO STYLE CREAMY CARBONARA RECIPE
Servings: 10 servings
1 kilogram pasta
1 pack (250g) bacon or ham, fried and chopped (I prefer bacon)
1 large can (400g) sliced mushroom, (wash and drain from preservatives)
2 packs (70g/pack) Knorr cream of mushroom soup (dissolved in 500ml or 2 cups hot water to avoid lumps)
1 small onion, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 large can evaporated milk/water
2 packs Nestle all purpose cream, (250ml/pack)
1 tbsp sugar
pinch of white pepper
finely chopped parsley or basil for toppings (optional garnish)
1 cup grated cheese, garnish
Garlic bread, side dish
1. Cook pasta as instructed in the package. Once your pasta is cooked. Drain and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, saute garlic until slightly brown, add onion and cook until translucent. (I used the bacon oil). Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add milk, cream of mushroom soup and all-purpose cream. Bring to boil while stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Sauce will thicken more as it cools down.
4. Add fried ham or bacon.
5. Season with a pinch of sugar and white pepper (salt is not really required because the cream of mushroom sauce is already salted)
6. Garnish with finely chopped parsley or basil and grated cheese. Serve and enjoy!
* You may also use Campbell Cream of mushroom soup
* Other alternatives for All purpose cream is heavy cream for a more creamy texture. Table cream or cooking cream is ok to use too.
* I normally use 1 bar of grated processed cheese like Quezo brand or Eden. I would add the 1st half in cooking and 2nd half as a garnish for serving. You can also use ready made parmesan, but Filipinos will mostly enjoy the taste of processed cheese like Eden, Quezo, Quickmelt or Magnolia. Its the best cheese ever in the world.
I cooked another batch of 1 Kilogram Carbonara today.. here’s my latest photo of the recipe (Updated April 18, 2021):
This recipe goes very well with:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.