Filipino Style Creamy Carbonara is not the traditional italian recipe where they use eggs. This is definitely pinoy style cooking. It has a creamy sauce that can last long than the carbonara egg sauce style. Our tropical country may not be suitable for tossed eggs in pasta. So our Carbonara pasta is cooked differently from the Original Italian Carbonara. This carbonara recipe is very similar though. And everyone who tried it, is so much satisfied.
This Filipino style creamy carbonara is for 1 kilogram pasta which can serve up to 10 persons. You can cook this up for any house party you have. So delish!
Happy cooking and enjoy! #LetsCookMGR
FILIPINO STYLE CREAMY CARBONARA RECIPE
Servings: 10 servings
1 kilo pasta
1 pack (250g) ham or bacon (cooked)
1 small can (198g) sliced mushroom (wash and drain from preservatives)
2 packs (70g) Knorr cream of mushroom soup (dissolve in 237ml or 2 cups water to avoid lumps)
1 small onion, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 large can evaporated milk/water
2 packs Nestle all purpose cream (chilled)
1 tbsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste
finely chopped parsley or basil for toppings (optional garnish)
1 cup grated cheese, garnish
Garlic bread, side dish
1. Cook pasta as instructed in the package. Once your pasta is cooked. Drain and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, saute garlic until slightly brown, add onion and cook until translucent. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add milk, cream of mushroom soup and all-purpose cream. Bring to boil while stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Sauce will thicken more as it cools down.
4. Add cooked ham or bacon.
5. Season with sugar, salt and pepper
6. Garnish with finely chopped parsley or basil and grated cheese. Serve and enjoy!
* You may also use Campbell Cream of mushroom soup
* Other alternatives for All purpose cream is heavy cream for a more creamy texture. Table cream or cooking cream is ok to use too.
* I normally use 1 bar of grated processed cheese like Quezo brand or Eden. I would add the 1st half in cooking and 2nd half as a garnish for serving. You can also use ready made parmesan, but Filipinos will mostly enjoy the taste of processed cheese like Eden, Quezo, Quickmelt or Magnolia. Its the best cheese ever in the world.
#mamasguidecarbonara #mamasguide #mgrcarbonara
Thank you so much for dropping by! Show us some love and comment anything about this recipe or don’t forget to save us on your Pinterest.
Do you plan to try it for your family or for any special occasion coming? Have you tried any of our recipes, comment below for any question or suggestion you may have. It makes me really happy ro see you all commenting even just a smiley sticker. Have a wonderful day! 💗🌻