Simple and yummy delicious Jolly spaghetti that all kids love!
Jolly Spaghetti Secret Recipe
- 1 pack spaghetti (400 grams)
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 3 tbsp. softened butter
- 5 cloves garlic, mashed and minced
- 2 medium-sized onions, minced
- 1/4 kilo ground pork
- 1/4 kilo ground beef
- 4 pieces jumbo hot dogs, sliced diagonally
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups banana catsup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp. all purpose cream
- 2 tbsp. sugar or more according to your taste
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook spaghetti according to package direction. Drain water using a colander or large strainer. Place noodles in running water or cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, sauté garlic, onion in oil and butter. Add the ground meats. Season with salt and pepper. Cook meat until brown while stirring occasionally.
- Add hot dogs. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, banana catsup, and water.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add all purpose cream. Add sugar and more if you prefer a sweet sauce.
- Simmer for a few more minutes with occasional stirring.
- Taste to check if it needs more seasoning.
- Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Enjoy!!!
If you can’t find banana catsup in your area, you can simply remove it from the list of ingredients. Just use tomato sauce or catsup instead and increase the amount of sugar added to lessen the sourness of the tomato sauce.