These homemade squid balls are a chinese dimsum that resembles fish balls. Except that fish balls becomes limp when cooked. While, squid balls retain its fluffy round shape even after it is cooked.
Squid balls are among the favorite pinoy street food snack. Filipinos serve it ussually in sticks (skewered) with a choice of Manong’s thick brown sauce or spiced vinegar dipping.
It’s one of my favorite Filipino comfort food! Come and lets make some homemade delicious pinoy snack. It’s easy to make!
You can also make your Homemade Sauce Recipe for squid balls on this link.
HOMEMADE SQUID BALLS RECIPE
1 kilo Squid cut into small pieces
1/4 kl shrimp, medium size
1/2 cup water chestnuts, chopped (singkamas, fillers)
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp. ginger, grated(optional)
1 cup chicken stock
3 tbsp. cornstarch
6 tbsp. flour
1 pc. Egg
salt and pepper to taste
oil for frying
1. Clean squid and shrimp (remove shell).
Boil squid, tentacles and shrimp for 30 seconds. Drain and set aside to cool.
2. Saute garlic in frying pan over low heat until lightly browned.
3. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and gradually add peanut oil , blend thoroughly until smooth.
4. Remove and form into rolls (approximately 1 inch diameter).
5. Steam for a few minutes, cool and drain.
Fry until golden brown.
6. Serve on sticks with Manong’s Fish Ball Sauce. Enjoy!
This recipe goes well with:
Did you try this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.