How to make the best Isaw BBQ? This recipe is complete and easy to follow instructions. With procedure on how to thoroughly clean isaw intestines.
For some who is new to this recipe. Isaw is a filipino barbeque streetfood made from pork or chicken intestine. Don’t fret because these intestines are cleaned inside and outside by inverting it and cleaning multiple times to ensure no residues are left. In fact, it has become a favorite streetfood snack amongst college students on break. But beware, this food contains high uric acid and very high in cholesterol. Isaw BBQ is sinful in taste and dangerously unhealthy. Eating in moderation is advised. There are 2 recipe version provided, the first one us best for business type recipe and the second one is more special and tastier in ingredients. Feel free to use any recipe base on your purpose.
You may also like to visit: The Best BBQ Sauces in one compilation. Don’t forget to copy and save.
HOW TO MAKE BEST ISAW BBQ
- 1 lb chicken or pig’s large intestine (well cleaned)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoon whole peppercorn
- 2 tablespoon Salt
- 4 to 6 pieces Dried Bay leaves
- 4 cups Water
- 1/2 cup UFC Banana Ketchup
- 3 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Cooking oil
- Cleaning: Buy chicken intestine only from trusted retailer. Some vendors never clean it thoroughly. The remaining waste materials inside the intestines are not edible and will only add weight to your purchase.
- Clean the intestines again by gently squeezing it with fingers to remove some remaining waste.
- Option 2. Open the intestines with scissors and clean it with running water.
- Option 3. Pass a running water through the intestine by using a small water hose.
- Preparation: It is suggested to skewer the intestine while its raw, to prevent from being mashed when it’s boiled and cooked.
- Cut the pork intestines crosswise about 1 inch in length and about 6 inch in length for the chicken intestines.
- Skewer the intestine (about 3 to 4 pieces per skewer)
- Pre-Cooking: In In a large pot, boil water and add salt, whole pepper corn, and dried bay leaves.
- Add the skewered intestines then simmer for a few minutes in low heat. Add vinegar then simmer up to 30 minutes or until the intestines are tender. Turn off heat and let it cool.
- Grilling: In a medium bowl, prepare the sauce. Combine cooking oil, soy sauce and ketchup. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Start grilling the intestine while basting with the mixture of cooking oil, ketchup, and soy sauce.
- Serve the Isaw with a choice of sweet sauce, soy sauce or spiced vinegar dippings. Enjoy!
SPECIAL ISAW BBQ RECIPE (Filipino Instructions)
- chicken intestines
- 4 cloves garlic (smashed or pinitpit)
- 5-10 pcs. whole peppercorns (pamintang buo)
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 medium size ginger (smashed or pinitpit)
- 2 dried bayleaves or dahon ng laurel
- whole fresh lemon
- Pamahid (Baste):
- 1/4 ketsup
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. chili sauce
- salt & pepper
*Notes: Ibabad ang gagamiting bbq sticks or skewers overnight para hindi masunog kapag iihaw na ang isaw.
- LINISING MABUTI ang loob at labas ng bituka upang matanggal ang nasa lamang loob na ito. Pigaing maigi at buksan ang bunganga o lagusan, gamitan ng small water hose upang dumaloy ang tubig sa loob.
- Ngayong papakuluan po natin ito ng tubig, ibaon or cover with water ang isaw, lagyan ng bawang, peppercorns, suka, luya, whole lemon isama na ninyo para mawala ang amoy at langsa. Lutuin po hanggang bahagyang lumambot at intact o buo pa rin ang isaw. Mga 15-30 minutes. Bantayan pong mabuti. Kayo na po ang magtantiya.
- Dahan-dahan pong ituhog ang isaw pa-zig-zag po at sa nais ninyong haba at hiwain or guputin na lamang.
- I-ihaw na po natin ito sa uling, bantayan hanggang maluto at hindi masunog. Pahiran po natin ng sauce na ginawa natin. Yung ketchup po ang magbibigay ng pulang kulay sa isaw.
- Maari ng ihain at gumawa ng sukang sawsawan (suka, patis, pinitpit na bawang, pulang sibuyas (sliced), asin at paminta)
Looking for more Barbeque Sauce recipe?
Mang Raul’s BBQ Haus, tezabonita, ephraimmasanque, Shiela Angeles, acm0289