How to make the best Isaw BBQ? This recipe is complete and easy to follow instructions. With procedure on how to thoroughly clean isaw intestines.
For some who is new to this recipe. Isaw is a filipino barbeque streetfood made from pork or chicken intestine. Don’t fret because these intestines are cleaned inside and outside by inverting it and cleaning multiple times to ensure no residues are left. In fact, it has become a favorite streetfood snack amongst college students on break. But beware, this food contains high uric acid and very high in cholesterol. Isaw BBQ is sinful in taste and dangerously unhealthy. Eating in moderation is advised.
You may also like to visit: The Best BBQ Sauces in one compilation. Don’t forget to copy and save.
HOW TO MAKE BEST ISAW BBQ
1 lb chicken or pig’s large intestine (well cleaned)
1/2 cup vinegar
2 tablespoon whole peppercorn
2 tablespoon Salt
4 to 6 pieces Dried Bay leaves
4 cups Water
1/2 cup UFC Banana Ketchup
3 tablespoon Soy sauce
2 tablespoon Cooking oil
Buy chicken intestine only from trusted retailer. Some vendors never clean it thoroughly. The remaining waste materials inside the intestines are not edible and will only add weight to your purchase.
2. Clean the intestines again by gently squeezing it with fingers to remove some remaining waste.
3. Option 2. Open the intestines with scissors and clean it with running water.
4. Option 3. Pass a running water through the intestine by using a small water hose.
It is suggested to skewer the intestine while its raw, to prevent from being mashed when it’s boiled and cooked.
6. Cut the pork intestines crosswise about 1 inch in length and about 6 inch in length for the chicken intestines.
7. Skewer the intestine (about 3 to 4 pieces per skewer)
in In a large pot, boil water and add salt, whole pepper corn, and dried bay leaves.
9. Add the skewered intestines then simmer for a few minutes in low heat. Add vinegar then simmer up to 30 minutes or until the intestines are tender. Turn off heat and let it cool.
In a medium bowl, prepare the sauce. Combine cooking oil, soy sauce and ketchup. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
11. Start grilling the intestine while basting with the mixture of cooking oil, ketchup, and soy sauce.
12. Serve the Isaw with a choice of sweet sauce, soy sauce or spiced vinegar dippings. Enjoy!
Looking for more Barbeque Sauce recipe?
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.