This easy Buchi Recipe or Cheese Buchi Recipe is one of my favorites, this is similar to Chowking Butchi. You will definitely love it. Perfect for snack or merienda for family!
You can also choose any filling you like: cheese, ube, yema, dulce de leche, mashed potato, custard filling or ube! Great for food business too!
CHEESE BUCHI RECIPE
4 cups glutinous rice flour
1 ½ cup white sugar
2 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 kilo sweet potato, peeled (Camote),
1 cup water
oil for deep frying
1. In a pot of water, boil sweet potato/camote until soft, drain from water and mash until very smooth in texture. Set aside.
2. Combine the glutinous rice flour and mashed sweet potato until well incorporated and smooth.
3. Add in sugar, baking powder, and combine it well to the mixture. You can use a food processor to combine it well. Then add water little by little until the mixture becomes dough like. You can feel the texture once its already good for shaping into balls.
4. Scoop a golf ball size of dough, and insert the filling in the center. Roll it into your palm to shape it into perfect round shape.
5. Roll the stuffed balls into the sesame seeds.
5. Fry in deep medium high oil until golden brown.
6. Serve. Share and enjoy!
You may also try our newest recipe:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.