This easy Buchi Recipe or Cheese Buchi Recipe is one of my favorites, this is similar to Chowking Butchi. You will definitely love it. Perfect for snack or merienda for family!
You can also choose any filling you like: cheese, ube, yema, dulce de leche, mashed potato, custard filling (see recipe at the bottom) or ube! Great for food business too!
Tips: you may reduce this recipe into half..if for small consumption only.
CHEESE BUCHI RECIPE
- 4 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1 ½ cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 kilo sweet potato, peeled (Camote),
- 1 cup water
- Cheese, filling/cubed
- oil for deep frying
- sesame seeds
- In a pot of water, boil sweet potato/camote until soft, drain from water and mash until very smooth in texture. Set aside.
- Combine the glutinous rice flour and mashed sweet potato until well incorporated and smooth.
- Add in sugar, baking powder, and combine it well to the mixture. You can use a food processor to combine it well. Then add water little by little until the mixture becomes dough like. You can feel the texture once its already good for shaping into balls.
- Scoop a golf ball size of dough, and insert the filling in the center. Roll it into your palm to shape it into perfect round shape.
- Roll the stuffed balls into the sesame seeds.
- Fry in deep medium high oil until golden brown.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
BUCHI DE LECHE FILLING (Custard Filling)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- pinch salt
- 100g. langka/jackfruit (fresh or preserved), diced
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk (or fresh milk)
- 3 pieces egg yolks, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, all purpose flour, pinch of salt, langka and evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over low fire, stirring continuously
- Once thick, remove from the fire and whisk in egg yolks, butter and vanilla.
- Cook for about 2 minutes more.
- Cool then set aside in a chiller.
- Follow the same procedure above for making the buchi dough and fill it with the custard filling.