Easy and colorful pichi pichi recipe. Simple, affordable and easy to make recipe. My favorite pichi pichi kakanin since childhood. With guide on where to buy lye water. It’s now possible for you to finaly make your own Pichi pichi at home. Specially for people from overseas. These are homemade Filipino kakanin, it feels like home away from home. ?
This rainbow pichi pichi are so appetizing and colorful. Great for any fiesta or small house party with friends and family. They will surely ask if your accepting special orders. Serve it in big round tray with fresh banana leaves lining. Wow.. Happy cooking! #LetsCookMGR
Rainbow Pichi Pichi Recipe
3 cups Grated Cassava
2 cups Sugar
3 cups Water
1 tsp Lye Water
1/4 tsp Assorted Ferna food coloring (1/4 Tsp per color green, red and violet)
coconut flakes (fresh)
1. Combine water and sugar and stir until sugar dissolved.
2. Add grated cassava and lye water.
3. In 3 medium bowl, divide mixture into 3 equal parts.
4. Add 1/4 tsp of food coloring on each part of the mixture (green, red, violet). Adjust color if needed.
5. Scoop mixture into puto molder and steam for 20 minutes or until done.
6. To test if it’s cooked, insert a toothpick in the center of pichi pichi. It’s done if it comes out clean.
6. Let it cool first and unmold.
7. Dredge cooked pichi pichi into tender fresh coconut flakes.
8. Serve and enjoy your rainbow pichi pichi!
Thank you so much for dropping by! Show us some love and comment anything about this recipe or don’t forget to save us on your Pinterest.
Do you have any questions about the ingredients? Like a substitute ingredients? Or hard to find ingredients in your area? Let me help you and we can find a way. Just comment below for any feedback. We’d love to know your thoughts.
Photo by: Catzie Carpio