Quick and easy to follow recipe on how to make your own Biko kakanin at home. Even begginers can easily follow the recipe. #LetsCookMGR
3 cups glutinous rice
2 cups coconut milk
2 cups water
2 cups brown sugar
2-3 spoons butter
2-3 calamansi peels
1. Cook the rice in 1 cup coconut milk, 2 cups water and butter. Just cook the rice the usual way
2. In a pan, boil the remaining coconut milk and brown sugar in low fire.
3. After it boiled, add calamansi peels then simmer for a minute or two, then remove from the mixture.
4. Add the cooked rice and stir to mix evenly.
5. Cover and cook in low heat for 5 minutes or until the rice evenly absorbs the coconut-sugar cream.
You can add more topping using thickened boiled coconut milk and brown sugar. You can also top it with latik.
Photo by: doc_cyn